Produce & Flowers
Everoak FarmOwner: Mike Garcia
2335 Carrington Dr
Orlando, FL 32807
daytime phone: (407) 879-3338
Web site: http://www.everoakfarm.com
Application Date: 2022-06-27
- Please briefly tell us why you are applying to be part of the Certified Naturally Grown program: *
- I really like everything that CNG is about and really want to introduce and bring awareness of CNG to my local market.
- Are you currently third party Certified for your produce operation by any other organization (Organic, Biodynamic, etc)? *
- Have you ever been certified in the past? *
- Have you ever been denied certification? *
- How did you hear about Certified Naturally Grown? *
- How did you learn to farm, and for how long have you been farming for market? What has prepared you to farm successfully according to CNG standards? *
- Im self taught and spent the last 10 years reading different Literature, taking online courses, and just doing it. I’ve been growing for market for 7 years. All my years farming has always been implementing organic/biological Techniques.
General Farm Information
- Farm Acreage you want listed as Certified Naturally GrownTM:
- Total Farm Acreage you actually GROW on: *
- Number of above acreage that you own: *
- Number of above acreage that you lease: *
- Do you have other acreage in "Conventional" Agricultural Systems? *
- General Listed Acreage Breakdown
- Veg Crops:
- Fruit Crops:
- Other Acreage:
- Please check all items you grow and will market as Certified Naturally GrownTM *
- Please Specify Any Other Items:
- Please check all markets you grow for (this will be displayed on your farm profile to help potential buyers find you). *
- Please Specify Other Markets:
Farmland Management and Practices
- Primary Tillage System: *
- Walk behind rototiller. Keep it minimal and as needed
- Do you use Cover Crops? *
- If yes, please list: *
- Sorghum sedan grass in the summer. Buckwheat in spring. Oats,rye, pea, mustard, daikons in Fall and Winter.
- Do you use Compost? *
- If yes, please note general sources (on farm, purchased complete, local grass clippings, local dairy, etc.): *
- On Farm.
- Please list application rates. Give a specific amount or range (for example: one to two tons per acre, ten wheelbarrow loads per 1,000 square feet, or 1-2 inches deep). Do not answer "varies". *
- 1 inch as needed
- Do you use Manure? *
- Please list any other brought in fertility sources that you use (specific rock powders, lime, soybean / alfalfa meal, specific purchased pre-mixes, etc)and how often it's used. If you indicate a name brand product, please also specify the ingredient/s. *
- Nature Safe 10-2-8; This coarse general use fertilizer is derived from feather meal, meat and bone meal, blood meal and sulfate of potash Espoma Tomato-tone 3-4-6; feather meal, poultry manure, bone meal, alfalfa meal, greensand, sulfate of potash, and sulfate of potash magnesia.
- Have any chemical fertilizers been applied to the fields you are seeking Certification for in the last three years (36 months)? *
- Have any non-acceptable pesticides and/or herbicides been applied to these fields in the last 3 years? *
- Do you use Professional Soil Testing services? *
- Describe your primary weed problems AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual weed challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Always have some sort of weed problems. We utilize cultivation with stir up hoes, wheel hoes, wire weeders, Collinear hoes. We are flame weed and stale seed bedding. Also in some cases depending on crop will transplant into landscape fabric.
- Describe your primary insect challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual pest challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Our primary pest is aphids, flea beetles , and caterpillars/worms. There’s some crops we don’t plant in certain time of years. Will also use Biological and botanical insecticide like BT, Spinosad, MPED, and Azadirect.
- Describe your primary disease challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual disease challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Will get mildews and mosaics virus on certain crops. We don’t plant certain things in time of year. Will mostly using MPED for funguses
- Please list the water source you use for crop irrigation. If source is public river, pond or lake, please note the name: *
- Two shallow wells
- Are there any known contaminants in the irrigation water? *
- Are you a maple producer who seeks to certify your sugarbush? *
Seeds, Transplants and Buffers
- How do you select your seeds? CNG standards call for growers to make a good faith effort to locate organically grown seeds by contacting at least 3 major suppliers. *
- Johnny Seeds. Osborne Seed, and Kitazawa/True Leaf Market.
- Do you purchase or grow using any Genetically Modified seeds? *
- Do you use any chemically treated seeds in your operation? *
- Do you grow your own transplants? *
- Do you purchase potting soil, or do you mix your own on the farm? *
- What ingredients does your potting mix contain? If you purchase a mix, please also indicate which product. *
- Jolly Gardener Pro-Line C/GP A mix of Canadian sphagnum peat, medium perlite and vermiculite.
- Are all of your transplants grown according to CNG standards, without synthetic fertilizers or wetting agents? *
- If any transplants are not grown according to CNG standards, please list them here. (If they all are, put "N/A".) This produce may not be marketed as Certified Naturally Grown. *
- Do you purchase any transplants from outside sources? *
- Chemical/Spray Drift and Buffers:
- Is there any likelihood of Chemical/Spray drift contamination of your fields? *
- Do you have an adequate buffer to protect yourself from potential contamination? *
- Please describe your buffer. Be as specific as possible. On all sides, how far is it from your crops to the next closest use (road, conventional crop, residential yard)? Be sure to specify what is grown on neighboring land that is in agricultural use. For example: To the north and east, a wooded area of at least 100 yards separates us from the neighbor's corn fields, to the south is a fallow field at least 100 yards deep separating us from the road, and to the west about 60 feet separates our crops from a field where conventional corn and soybeans are grown. *
- North side property small wooded area follow buy a storm canal/drain. East side neighbor has a 4 acre permaculture food forest. South side is road. West side is a homesteading family.
- Please indicate your agreement with the following statements by checking the boxes.
- I will not label, or in any way lead consumers to believe that produce not raised in accord with CNG standards is Certified Naturally GrownTM. *
- I understand that I have to complete at least one (and hopefully more) Certification Inspection(s) of another farm in my area each year, and that the inspection will NOT be of the same farmer that inspected me. *
- I have reviewed the Certified Naturally Grown certification standards, I understand them, and I will abide by them. I understand that if I have any questions I may contact CNG for clarification. *
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know about your farm: