Sr. Remote Inspect
AOVS Urban FarmOwner: Christopher Peterson
2226 Ball Road
Memphis, TN 38114
daytime phone: (901) 233-8734
Application Date: 2020-10-20
- Your Name *
- Christopher Peterson
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- GrowMemphis (community gardens using natural practices), Memphis, TN (2012-2015) Loch Holland Farm (Natural Livestock Farm), Saulsbury, TN 2015-2018 Tubby Creek Farm (CNG Farm) Ashland, MS 2015-2018 AOVS Urban Farm (CNG Farm) Memphis, TN 2018-Present
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Planning, production management, pest management, food safety (including gap), rotational grazing, natural vet care, flower production.
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- I have over 6 years of experience supervising farm workers in various operations, including participating in formal training of gardeners and giving workshops to farmers. I have also been involved for multiple years in organizing farm conferences where training is delivered. I am currently mentoring two aspiring farmers in my current project and am finalizing a mentoring deal with a neighboring farm.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- I think my biggest skillset is in overall farm planning. I'm good about setting realistic expectations and goals and putting the pieces in place to meet those goals.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- We grow really good root crops, but our produce is just generally very attractive. We grow a whole lot of produce on two acres.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- I really appreciate that CNG really understands and adapts to the changing needs of farmers. It fosters a really good culture.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.