Sr. Remote Inspect
Five Acres Honey FarmOwner: Tara Lynne Groth
Web site: http://www.fiveacreshoneyfarm.com
Application Date: 2020-12-08
- Your Name *
- Tara Lynne Groth, Five Acres Honey Farm
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- My apiary, Five Acres Honey Farm in Pittsboro, North Carolina (USA).
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Completed 11-week beekeeping school (organized by our local county beekeeping chapter and ag extension office). Currently a certified beekeeper in our state's master beekeeper program (1 credit away from Journeyman certification).
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- Mainly casual mentorship for beekeeper friends.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- I love that our property grows every year. We regularly expand and add pollinator plants and trees.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- I'm not certain what I'm most known for. I get a lot of compliments on what I share about beekeeping on social media.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- I appreciate Certified Naturally Grown's dedication to sustainability, advocacy for chemical-free practices, and the community it builds.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.