Sr. Remote Inspect
Shalom FarmsOwner: Steve Miles
2676 Venita Road
Midlothian, VA 23113
Web site: http://www.shalomfarms.org
Application Date: 2020-09-25
- Your Name *
- Seyra Whitney
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Shalom Farms in Goochland, VA USA and Powhatan VA USA.
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Apprenticeship and workshops with the Director of Farm Operations that I currently work with. Mostly just training via the experience working on Shalom Farms farm operations. I have attended agriculture conferences over the past 6 years, certified in pesticide application, continued education through workshops at Virginia State University and visited many other farms in the area.
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- I train, mentor, and supervise 2 apprentices, 8 interns, and 2 other staff people at my current farm.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- Our farmer in residency program and the hoop house production. We engage in full year growing and are able to produce quite a bit in the Virginia winter.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Our collard greens.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.