Sr. Remote Inspect
Star School Market GardenOwner: David Harris
1775 Star School Rd
Hastings, MI 49058
daytime phone: (269) 365-7394
Web site: http://www.starschoolmarketgarden.com
Application Date: 2020-09-16
- Your Name *
- David C Harris Star School Market Garden Hastings MI 49058
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Little Eorthe Farm, Orting, WA Certified Organic 14 month internship Datsusara Market Garden Santa Rosa Valley, CA 3 years non certified using organic principles - owner/operator Star School Market Garden Hastings, MI 4 years, 3 under CNG Certification - owner/operator
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- 14 month internship on Certified Organic farm in Orting, WA BF 120 Vegetable Production - Cornell University Small Farms Program Online
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- I don't have any formal mentoring or training experience, but I have given advice and assistance to fellow market vendors when asked.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- I am most proud of my reputation in the market for having high quality produce.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- My farm is known for its intensive human scale production practices, high quality produce and attractive market display. The crops most associated with my farm are lettuce and baby greens.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- The aspect of Certified Naturally Grown that I appreciate the most is the peer to peer inspection process. Being able to have a two way sharing of ideas, knowledge and experience while being inspected and while performing an inspection is invaluable.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.