Produce & Flowers
Arkansabi FarmsOwner: Terry Wisniewski
716 S Rainbow Rd
Rogers, AR 72758
11 Bardon Ln
Bella Vista, AR 72704
daytime phone: (479) 228-0807
evening phone: (479) 228-0807
Web site: http://www.facebook.com/ArkansabiFarms/
Application Date: 2022-04-24
- Please briefly tell us why you are applying to be part of the Certified Naturally Grown program: *
- New farm location is now ready for production. I have customers who require CNG certification for wholesale sales.
- Are you currently third party Certified for your produce operation by any other organization (Organic, Biodynamic, etc)? *
- Have you ever been certified in the past? *
- Have you ever been denied certification? *
- How did you hear about Certified Naturally Grown? *
- I first learned about CNG from a sales customer and a Farmers Market manager.
- How did you learn to farm, and for how long have you been farming for market? What has prepared you to farm successfully according to CNG standards? *
- I am self-taught farmer who started 4 years ago as a CNG grower.
General Farm Information
- Farm Acreage you want listed as Certified Naturally GrownTM:
- Total Farm Acreage you actually GROW on: *
- Number of above acreage that you own: *
- Number of above acreage that you lease: *
- Do you have other acreage in "Conventional" Agricultural Systems? *
- If yes, how many acres are in conventional agriculture? *
- If yes, please list what you are growing conventionally: *
- Sweet Corn
- General Listed Acreage Breakdown
- Veg Crops:
- Fruit Crops:
- Other Acreage:
- Please check all items you grow and will market as Certified Naturally GrownTM *
- Please Specify Any Other Items:
- Please check all markets you grow for (this will be displayed on your farm profile to help potential buyers find you). *
- Please Specify Other Markets:
Farmland Management and Practices
- Primary Tillage System: *
- beds were formed with light tillage shallow till.
- Do you use Cover Crops? *
- If yes, please list: *
- This year used Rye Grass
- Do you use Compost? *
- Do you use Manure? *
- Please list any other brought in fertility sources that you use (specific rock powders, lime, soybean / alfalfa meal, specific purchased pre-mixes, etc)and how often it's used. If you indicate a name brand product, please also specify the ingredient/s. *
- Nitron minerals and feather meal. Will be trying Alfalfa meal/pellets this year. Minerals applied in Fall, First fertilizer applied in fall. Feather Meal and Alfalfa pellets will be applied when rolling beds.
- Have any chemical fertilizers been applied to the fields you are seeking Certification for in the last three years (36 months)? *
- Have any non-acceptable pesticides and/or herbicides been applied to these fields in the last 3 years? *
- Do you use Professional Soil Testing services? *
- Describe your primary weed problems AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual weed challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Nut Sedge is the primary issue currently faced on plots. I have been using wheel hole an hand hoeing for control. Rye grass cover crop did great job on total weed control.
- Describe your primary insect challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual pest challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- This is new farm. I am committed to using only OMRI chemicals pyrithrins and BT.
- Describe your primary disease challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual disease challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- I have not had disease issues in past farming activities other than downy mildew in cucumbers and squash. I am going to try baking soda/water treatment this year. I have never used in copper based fungicides but would be open to use if absolutely necessary for crop survival.
- Please list the water source you use for crop irrigation. If source is public river, pond or lake, please note the name: *
- 2 existing water wells will be use for irrigation.
- Are there any known contaminants in the irrigation water? *
- Are you a maple producer who seeks to certify your sugarbush? *
Seeds, Transplants and Buffers
- How do you select your seeds? CNG standards call for growers to make a good faith effort to locate organically grown seeds by contacting at least 3 major suppliers. *
- Seeds are sourced from Johnny's Seeds.
- Do you purchase or grow using any Genetically Modified seeds? *
- Do you use any chemically treated seeds in your operation? *
- If yes, please list types: *
- Red Defender determinant Tomato Seeds. Vanguard Green Peppers Seeds.
- Please note reason for purchasing treated seed: *
- I required 1000s of tomato and pepper seeds to fulfill wholesale contract commitment. The seeds will be grown in light till/no chemical manner. These seeds will not be planted in same plot as the other vegetables.
- I understand that the use of chemically treated seeds is not allowed under organic and Certified Naturally Grown guidelines. I will not label, or in any way lead consumers to believe produce grown from treated seeds are Certified Naturally Grown. *
- Do you grow your own transplants? *
- Do you purchase potting soil, or do you mix your own on the farm? *
- What ingredients does your potting mix contain? If you purchase a mix, please also indicate which product. *
- Black Gold Mix
- Are all of your transplants grown according to CNG standards, without synthetic fertilizers or wetting agents? *
- If any transplants are not grown according to CNG standards, please list them here. (If they all are, put "N/A".) This produce may not be marketed as Certified Naturally Grown. *
- Do you purchase any transplants from outside sources? *
- Chemical/Spray Drift and Buffers:
- Is there any likelihood of Chemical/Spray drift contamination of your fields? *
- Do you have an adequate buffer to protect yourself from potential contamination? *
- Please describe your buffer. Be as specific as possible. On all sides, how far is it from your crops to the next closest use (road, conventional crop, residential yard)? Be sure to specify what is grown on neighboring land that is in agricultural use. For example: To the north and east, a wooded area of at least 100 yards separates us from the neighbor's corn fields, to the south is a fallow field at least 100 yards deep separating us from the road, and to the west about 60 feet separates our crops from a field where conventional corn and soybeans are grown. *
- North, South, and East side of the farming plots is buffered by several hundred yards by multiple tree filled fence lines. West side is buffered 100 ft from home and shop buildings by tree/bush/fence line.
- Please indicate your agreement with the following statements by checking the boxes.
- I will not label, or in any way lead consumers to believe that produce not raised in accord with CNG standards is Certified Naturally GrownTM. *
- I understand that I have to complete at least one (and hopefully more) Certification Inspection(s) of another farm in my area each year, and that the inspection will NOT be of the same farmer that inspected me. *
- I have reviewed the Certified Naturally Grown certification standards, I understand them, and I will abide by them. I understand that if I have any questions I may contact CNG for clarification. *
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know about your farm:
- This is a new farm with multiple farms plots separated by open lane buffers and/or tree/bush filled fences. I will be using one 3/4 acre plot for vegetable production. One 1/2 acre plot for tomato/pepper production, and a 1/4 acre plot for sweet corn.