Lina Mae FarmsOwner: Marilyn Tomlin
393 Cornett Cove
Liberty, KY 42539
3 Cardinal Drive
Florence, KY 41042
daytime phone: (859) 446-0589
evening phone: (859) 446-0589
Application Date: 2017-07-31
- Please briefly tell us why you are applying to be part of the Certified Naturally Grown program: *
- I believe that CNG or Organic are important in sustainable practices for our health and the health of our planet.
- Are you currently third party Certified for your produce operation by any other organization (Organic, Biodynamic, etc)? *
- Have you ever been certified in the past? *
- Have you ever been denied certification? *
- How did you hear about Certified Naturally Grown? *
- I learned about CNG through the research I did for Organics.
General Farm Information
- Farm Acreage you want listed as Certified Naturally GrownTM:
- Total Farm Acreage you actually GROW on: *
- Number of above acreage that you own: *
- Number of above acreage that you lease: *
- Do you have other acreage in "Conventional" Agricultural Systems? *
- General Listed Acreage Breakdown
- Veg Crops:
- Fruit Crops:
- Other Acreage:
- Please check all items you grow and will market as Certified Naturally GrownTM *
- Please Specify Any Other Items:
- The canes from expired blackberry plants will be harvested, dried and coiled for sale as basket making or crafting material.
- Please check all markets you grow for (this will be displayed on your farm profile to help potential buyers find you). *
- Please Specify Other Markets:
- Online sales at ebay, etsy and craigslist.
Farmland Management and Practices
- Primary Tillage System: *
- We will be tilling in cover crops before planting vegetable crops.
- Do you use Cover Crops? *
- If yes, please list: *
- Organic Certified: Bell Beans, Biomaster or 4010 Peas, Purple Vetch, Hairy Vetch, Common Vetch and Cayuse or Monida Oats - Cover Crop MIX
- Do you use Compost? *
- Do you use Manure? *
- Please list any other brought in fertility sources that you use (specific rock powders, lime, soybean / alfalfa meal, specific purchased pre-mixes, etc)and how often it's used. If you indicate a name brand product, please also specify the ingredient/s. *
- OMRI, CDFA Certified, "Aqua Power" liquid fish fertilizer
- Have any chemical fertilizers been applied to the fields you are seeking Certification for in the last three years (36 months)? *
- Have any non-acceptable pesticides and/or herbicides been applied to these fields in the last 3 years? *
- Do you use Professional Soil Testing services? *
- Describe your primary weed problems AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual weed challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- We will be using a green plastic mulch to prevent weeds of our garlic crops and other vegetables that can be grown with plastic mulch.
- Describe your primary insect challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual pest challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Should we have a problem with insect pests, we plan to use an organic cedar oil fogger as well as hand picking if necessary. Depending upon the insects, we will use an approved organic practice of eliminating the insects specific to the problem.
- Describe your primary disease challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual disease challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used. *
- Likely disease challenges would be rotting, mildew and nematode infections. Treatment includes prevention by pretreating the seeds organically such as dipping in hot water prior to planting. If a problem is in existence, rotation of the fields will prevent spreading and using unaffected seed in future plantings are also means of preventing future problems.
- Please list the water source you use for crop irrigation. If source is public river, pond or lake, please note the name: *
- We will use the casey county water either in cubes or from an outdoor spigot/faucet if it is installed in time to tap into for use in a drip tape.
- Are there any known contaminants in the irrigation water? *
- Are you a maple producer who seeks to certify your sugarbush? *
Seeds, Transplants and Buffers
- Do you purchase or grow using any Genetically Modified seeds? *
- Do you use any chemically treated seeds in your operation? *
- Do you grow your own transplants? *
- Are they grown using Naturally Grown/Organic methods? *
- If they're not grown according to CNG methods, please list them here. This produce may not be sold as Certified Naturally Grown. (If they are, put "N/A") *
- Do you purchase any transplants from outside sources? *
- Chemical/Spray Drift and Buffers:
- Is there any likelihood of Chemical/Spray drift contamination of your fields? *
- Do you have an adequate buffer to protect yourself from potential contamination? *
- Please describe your buffer. Be as specific as possible. On all sides, how far is it from your crops to the next closest use (road, conventional crop, residential yard)? Be sure to specify what is grown on neighboring land that is in agricultural use. For example: To the north and east, a wooded area of at least 100 yards separates us from the neighbor's corn fields, to the south is a fallow field at least 100 yards deep separating us from the road, and to the west about 60 feet separates our crops from a field where conventional corn and soybeans are grown. *
- Looking at our farm from the road, the REAR of the farm and the RIGHT side of the farm are lined in woods. The REAR woods are ours. The ones on the RIGHT side are not our but no crops are grown nearby and we have left approximately 50 feet of space from that wood line to our grow site. The front of the farm faces a residence and their conventionally grown crops. The distance is approximately 100 feet from our growing site on our farm. The Left side of ur farm faces a residence and his conventionally grown crops. We have left approximately 100 feet of space between that property and the growing site on our farm.
- Please indicate your agreement with the following statements by checking the boxes.
- I will not label, or in any way lead consumers to believe that produce not raised in accord with CNG standards is Certified Naturally GrownTM. *
- I understand that I have to complete at least one (and hopefully more) Certification Inspection(s) of another farm in my area each year, and that the inspection will NOT be of the same farmer that inspected me. *
- I have reviewed the Certified Naturally Grown certification standards, I understand them, and I will abide by them. I understand that if I have any questions I may contact CNG for clarification. *
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know about your farm:
- I purchased this property 4 years ago and have not treated it with pesticides or fertilizers since. We have wild blackberries growing on it and would like those CNG as well since we treat them naturally. If possible, we'd like our hay to be CNG too and anything else that we grow or naturally grows on our farm.