Sr. Remote Inspect
Hayes FarmsOwner: Matthew & Denise Hayes
9193 N Oak Ave
Paris, MI 49338
daytime phone: (231) 796-1247
evening phone: (231) 796-1247
Web site: http://hayesfarms.org
Application Date: 2020-11-14
- Your Name *
- Denise Hayes
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- 5 years
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Hayes Farms Paris, MI 49338 USA
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Life Experience and Small Farmers Conferences and emails with MSU and USDA NRCS officers. Also talking with other growers.
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- At home, on the farm, we have had several young people come and get hands on experience. Many phone calls from people that have seen our business and had specific questions. I also run and helped set up a school garden at a Blue Ribbon Exemplary Elementary school in Big Rapids, MI.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- We are very proud of the fact that our farm can provide healthy meals for not only our farm but also many members of our community. From beef, lamb, chicken and vegetables we can provide total healthy food.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Our Beef all year and flowers in the spring.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- I appreciate that it is a peer review process that appreciates the work small farmers and families put in to make a difference in providing naturally grown food for people.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.