Sr. Remote Inspect
Rutherford FarmOwner: Chuck Rutherford
82 Reed Valley Road
Fayetteville, AR 72704
daytime phone: (479) 301-3892
evening phone: (479) 582-1967
Application Date: 2020-11-03
- Your Name *
- Chuck Rutherford
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Rutherford Farm, Fayetteville, AK, USA (no farm name), California, Fullerton
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- College degree in Environmental Soils and Water Science
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- Not other than people asking questions about how to do things. 4H advisor for a little while.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- I have a passion for growing tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- I'm a big believer in chemical free farming, and have been practicing that before CNG existed. CNG fits into the way I do things.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.
- We've been growing black raspberries for the past 5 years and they've become pretty popular - we even sell the plants at the farmers market. We also started growing elderberry.