Sr. Remote Inspect
Savory AccentsOwner: Ted or Joan Ballweg
1885 Range Trail
Verona, WI 53593
daytime phone: (608) 848-4938
evening phone: (608) 848-4938
Web site: http://www.savoryaccents.com
Application Date: 2020-11-09
- Your Name *
- Ted Ballweg
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- 10 years
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Verona, WI in Dane County Sauk City, WI in Dane county Waunakee, WI in Dane County
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Most is from being a 3rd generation farmer. In addition we've attended short courses, conferences and agricultural trade shows.
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- We worked with about 3 dozen young employees training them in our farming technique. Also work with Farmers Markets as a mentor with other vendors and market committees.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- The uniqueness of our products and our ability to develop profitable growing/processing systems.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Our wide variety of chili peppers, many that are unusual in Wisconsin.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- It codifies many of the aspects of our operations. These standards are important when explaining to customers how we maintain high quality produce.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.
- We would love to see more CNG Farmers in Wisconsin.