Joy Haven Farm
Joy Haven Farm is a small CNG sustainable farm entering into our eighth growing season.
What does CNG mean?
Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) offers peer-review certification to farmers and beekeepers producing food for their local communities by working in harmony with nature, without relying on synthetic fertilizers, harmful chemicals or GMOs.
In short, we are grateful for and inspired by nature, being mindful to take special care of the land we live on and the soil we grow in...and never use synthetic fertilizers or GMO seeds. Using organically approved insecticides only when crop loss is imminent. Our goal is to leave our little piece of this world better than we found it.
We love heirlooms and are expanding our varieties each season. We offer a Spring/Summer and Fall Weekly produce shares/CSA and sell to local restaurants.
Very proud to be a part of a non-profit, peer inspected, and affordable organization that shares our passion for sustainability and transparency!
(This listing was last updated on April 26, 2022)
Location605 Old Federal Rd.
Shorter, AL 36075
Applications for CNG Status
certified on Mar 04, 2013 |
view application |
- 4/23/22 (inspection9936.pdf - 518 KB)
- 5/7/21 (inspection9397.pdf - 1.0 MB)
- 3/7/20 (inspection8647.pdf - 398 KB)
- 3/12/19 (inspection7974.pdf - 658 KB)
- 7/25/18 (inspection7606.pdf - 392 KB)
- 3/5/17 (inspection6620.pdf - 145 KB)
- 2/10/16 (inspection5761.pdf - 141 KB)
- 2/23/15 (inspection4985.pdf - 409 KB)
- 4/23/14 (inspection4375.pdf - 394 KB)
- 3/21/13 (inspection3532.pdf - 237 KB)
grower declaration (PDF - 469 KB) - last one received on May 04, 2022