We plan for a diverse mix of vegetables to provide our CSA members with a bountiful weekly share of produce through a defined season. We produce mixed vegetables, flowers, and hearth baked bread.
A little bit about ourselves: We both thrive on putting our biology backgrounds to use in a farm setting and share a passion for farm education. Everything we sell is grown by us, and the farm is our family's only source of income. Before starting Broadfork Farm, we worked on farms in the Northwest and Northeast regions of the country. We eventually moved to Chesterfield, where Janet grew up, in order to be near her extended family. We now have four young children who are getting incredibly smart about soil microbiology.
We chose Certified Naturally Grown because we wanted a certification that reflects our ecological growing practices; no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides are ever used on our farm. We find that CNG celebrates other ecological methods that we utilize, including: compost, cover crops, organic fertilizer and minerals to feed the soil that feeds our plants, and raised beds that allow close-spacing of plants and to prevent soil-compaction, allowing for happier plant roots.
(This listing was last updated on April 20, 2021)
Location9501 Deer Range Rd
Moseley, VA 23120
Applications for CNG Status
- Senior remote inspector: certified on Nov 20, 2020 | view application | on-farm inspection report pending
certified on Mar 26, 2012 |
view application |
- 4/18/21 (inspection9338.pdf - 319 KB)
- 8/28/20 (inspection8995.pdf - 501 KB)
- 6/20/19 (inspection8282.pdf - 387 KB)
- 4/12/18 (inspection7327.pdf - 776 KB)
- 5/11/17 (inspection6752.pdf - 144 KB)
- 9/6/16 (inspection6256.pdf - 140 KB)
- 4/30/15 (inspection5635.pdf - 378 KB)
- 5/4/14 (inspection4362.pdf - 393 KB)
- 4/20/13 (inspection3734.pdf - 206 KB)
- 4/11/12 (inspection2976.pdf - 249 KB)
grower declaration (PDF - 513 KB) - last one received on January 04, 2021