Sr. Remote Inspect
Patchwork Family Farm LLCOwner: Amy & Bryan Willoughby
216 Conner ln Se
Copper Hill, VA 24079
216 Conner Ln Se
Copper Hill, VA 24079
Web site: http://www.idigpatchworkfarm.com/
Application Date: 2019-09-02
- Your Name *
- Amy Willoughby
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Drumlin Farm (National Audubon Society, Lincoln, MA Common Ground Farm, Spring Mills, PA Spring Hill Farm, Hopewell, NJ North Slope Farm, Lambertville, NJ Bridge Farm, Upper Black Eddy, PA Pleasant Valley Farm, NY 5 Penny Farm, Floyd, VA Patchwork Family Farm, Copper Hill, VA
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Off farm training in food safety and various production practices, marketing, and other basic aspects of a farm business and independent organic inspector training.
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- I was an organic inspector for a few years but the role did not include giving guidance or advice to the farm being inspected. We were information collectors primarily. I have managed farms with interns and apprentices for several seasons as well as working with land owners whose property included the farm I was managing. I have given a few conference workshops and done a little bit of private consulting for folks wanting to start their own vegetable operations.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- Our ability to adapt to a changing market and maintain a dynamic business model.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Our reputation for consistent high quality product. We are best known for salad greens.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- So many things! The community of support and open sharing of guidance, techniques, advice etc that is on a really grass roots level. This is truly what builds a movement and keeps it strong and growing.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.