Sr. Remote Inspect
Hole in the Woods FarmOwner: Chad Gard
6738 E 750 N
Culver, IN 46511
daytime phone: (574) 968-7638
Web site: http://www.holeinthewoodsfarm.com
Application Date: 2020-11-30
- Your Name *
- Chad Gard
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Hole in the Woods Farm, Culver, IN USA
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- GAP, ServSafe Manager (not really farming, but food safety, so I find it related), multiple workshops, classes, and field days via Purdue University, various online courses
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- As market master for the Culver Farmers' Market, I mentor our other vendors, including production, food safety, and business aspects. This is mostly informal mentoring, though we do have periodic training workshops.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- The integration of multiple enterprises to work towards a regenerative system that also builds community.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Salad greens
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- The collaborative peer-guarantee system. It is like bi-directional free professional development. completely different than USDA Organic!
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.