Sr. Remote Inspect
Green Thumb GrowersOwner: Thomas Miller
431 Elm Street
620 Charlotte Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
City of fredericksburg County
P. O. Box 1052
Fredericksburg, VA 22402
daytime phone: (540) 226-3887
Web site: http://fredericksburgcsa.com
Application Date: 2019-11-19
- Your Name *
- Thomas Miller
- Please check all that apply. *
- For how many years have you managed or worked on a CNG-certified farm? *
- How many years of experience total do you have managing a farming operation that’s managed according to CNG/organic principles (whether certified or not)? *
- Please indicate the place/s where you have farmed, including farm name, town, state, and country. *
- Green Thumb Growers, Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States of America
Types of Farming & Expertise
- Please check the box corresponding to the types of operations with which you have at least three years of experience.
- What type of training have you received in farming practices (on-farm and off-farm)? *
- Please briefly describe your experience with mentoring, training, or advising other farmers, if any.
- I have trained a number of farm workers over ten years. Several of these have moved on to other more responsible roles in the local agricultural market. I have done one or more on farm inspections each year which always involves both learning and advising. I have given presentations on lead in food, seed saving and urban arboriculture.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most proud of? *
- Green Thumb Growers models a low cost urban agricultural production that almost anyone with enough energy could replicate. We also have a minimal carbon footprint.
- What aspect of your farming operation are you most known for? (This could be a particular crop beloved by customers or an uncommon production method that other farmers would appreciate.) *
- Although currently not in production, we have done fabulous carrots.
- What do you appreciate about Certified Naturally Grown?
- I truly believe the participatory guarantee system will lead to a strong, grass roots, sustainable local food economy.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know.
- Green Thumb Growers and most of the other Certified Naturally Grown or Organic farms in the Fredericksburg region would be far less viable without the continued support of Fredericksburg Area CSA Project.