Founded in 2001, Affinity Farm strives to grow and sell the highest quality vegetables and bedding plants. Our mission is to engage in a "right livelihood" producing healthy food for our selves and our customers with as little environmental impact as possible. We farm using only "organic" methods, and try to consider the consequences of all of our actions.
Soil fertility is maintained through cover cropping, the application of composted manure, broad forking and harrowing, rather than tilling, whenever possible. We adhere to the "soil food web" philosophy, and see our soil as a living, breathing, partner in our endeavor.
Pests are managed primarily though healthy soils, and physical barriers (row cover), though we periodically also use some CNG approved substances (Savers soap, and Bt) to deter a specific pests.
We grow a wide variety of vegetables, including heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, greens such as kale, spinach, lettuce, chard and arugula, hard and softneck garlic, onions, green beans, eggplants, turnips, and many more. We take pride in their quality, and consistency throughout the market season.
We market our produce May through October at our stand at the Moscow Farmers Market (our stand is located in front of "Hyperspud Sports, on Main Street-the south-east corner of freindship Square), and through our small CSA program.
We love our work: from spending each day outside growing food, to getting to know the people in our community who eat it. We are a small farm, and strive to work with minimal outside inputs. We are committed to the process of reducing our carbon impact by growing food as close to its consumption point as possible.
(This listing was last updated on September 25, 2020)
Location810 empire lane
Moscow, ID 83843
- Producer: Russell Poe and Kelly Kingsland
- Day: (208) 892-9000
- Evening: same
Applications for CNG Status
certified on Mar 13, 2008 |
view application |
- 9/2/20 (inspection8990.pdf - 1.0 MB)
- 6/6/19 (inspection8205.pdf - 240 KB)
- 9/2/18 (inspection8076.pdf - 411 KB)
- 9/26/17 (inspection7103.pdf - 134 KB)
- 7/3/16 (inspection6255.pdf - 141 KB)
- 7/12/15 (inspection5427.pdf - 432 KB)
- 9/17/14 (inspection4757.pdf - 406 KB)
- 7/29/13 (inspection3859.pdf - 241 KB)
- 4/11/12 (inspection2971.pdf - 252 KB)
- 9/26/11 (inspection2567.pdf - 249 KB)
- 5/12/10 (inspection1521.pdf - 271 KB)
- 9/3/08 (inspection696.pdf - 51 KB)
grower declaration (PDF - 497 KB) - last one received on January 20, 2019